Friday, June 17, 2005

I for one cannot resist a name with not one, but two umlauts, so naturally while browsing through somebody's music collection online and running into somebody named Chuänchö, I thought I'd try it out. I got an EP titled Inampli, with 4 tracks of impecably produced, driving techno with startling effects running through the space of the track and no shortness of ideas in sight. A Google search yielded one link, and that was to the spanking new Inoquo net-label out of Barcelona, where i managed to get a hold of another offering by what i assume to be the same producer. Slightly different aesthetic here, with stabs at dub experimentalism that led me onto the discovery of yet another record, questionably titled 'Nada en Particular.' Although I would start with Inampli, I find it remarkable that somebody can release 3 records of such quality and still be walled in near-complete obscurity. It's almost as if he encourages to be searched and discovered, which is almost obsolete, like pulling a record out of the stacks and testing it out on some creaky excuse for a listening station. Who does that anymore?

0 Comments:

<< Home

midaircondo - shopping for images (type, 2005)

bardo pond - Selections Volumes I-IV (atp records, 2005)

philus - kantamoinen (sahko, 2005)

tore elgaroy - the sound of the sun (rune grammofon, 2005)

ricardo villalobos - chromosul (perlon, 2005)

maetrik - casi profondo (maetrik, 2005)

previous posts

 

Powered by Blogger